WHAT WE BELIEVE:
We believe that the chief end of man’s existence is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever. Our mission, our passion and our purpose is to glorify God in worship and to exalt him in all that we do. We believe that every aspect of our life whether thoughts, judgments or emotions are subject to God’s infallible Word.
1. THE BIBLE: We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God; that the sixty-six Books, as originally written, comprising the Old and New Testaments were verbally inspired by the Spirit of God and were entirely free from error; that the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice and the true basis of Christian union (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21).
2. GOD: We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. CHRIST: We believe in the absolute and essential deity of Jesus Christ, in His eternal existence with the Father in pre-incarnate glory, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return.
4. THE HOLY SPIRIT: We believe; in the: absolute and essential deity and personality of the Holy Spirit Who convinces of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; Who regenerates, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts and sustains those who believe in Jesus Christ.
5. SATAN: We believe that Satan exists as an evil personality, the originator of sin, the arch-enemy of God and man.
6. MAN: We believe that man was divinely created in the image of God; that he sinned, becoming guilty before God, resulting in total depravity, thereby incurring physical and spiritual death.
7. SALVATION: We believe that salvation is by the sovereign, electing grace of God; that by the appointment of the Father, Christ voluntarily suffered a vicarious expiatory and propitiatory death; that justification is by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and that those whom God has effectually called shall be divinely preserved and finally perfected in the image of the Lord.
8. FUTURE THINGS: We believe in the personal, bodily and glorious return of the Lord Jesus Christ; in the resurrection of the just and unjust; in the eternal blessedness of the redeemed and in the judgment and conscious, eternal punishment of the wicked.
9. THE ONE TRUE CHURCH: We believe there is only one true Church also known through the Bible as the body of Christ or the Universal Church, consisting of all believers of all times, regardless of race or social standing.
THE LOCAL CHURCH: It is the local and visible representation of the body of Christ (the Universal church). We believe that a church is not a building or an institution but an organic, a living community believers, called out from the world, set apart by the Lord and for the Lord Jesus, voluntarily associated for the ministry of the Word, the mutual edification of its members, the propagation of the faith and the observance of the ordinances. We believe in its independent body, exercising its own divinely awarded gifts, precepts and privileges under the Lordship of Christ, the Great Head of the church. We believe that its officers are pastors/elders and deacons.
10. ORDINANCES: We believe that there are only two ordinances for the church regularly observed in the New Testament in the following order:
1. Baptism which is the immersion of the believer in water, whereby he obeys Christ's command and sets forth his identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.
2. The Lord's Supper which is the memorial wherein the believer partakes of the two elements, bread and wine which symbolize the Lord's body and shed blood, proclaiming His death until He come.
WE ALSO SHARE:
• A deep conviction that a personal faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to obtain forgiveness from sin and eternal life. Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the Life (Romans 5:1, 8, 9; John 14:6; Acts 4:12)
• A determination to foster spiritual growth, to encourage each other to pattern their lives by the life of Jesus rather than the ways the world prescribes. Jesus said, "What good is it if a man gains the whole world and yet loses his soul?" (Matthew 16:26)
• A dedication to raise our children to know God, to love him and to serve him as they grow in obedience of his Word (Deuteronomy 6:6, 7; Proverbs 22:6 Psalm 78:1-8).
• A delight that God’s plan is to bring order, comfort, healing and joy to people who have suffered from the chaos of this world (John 10:7-11). Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28).
• A demonstration of God’s love for us through his Son Jesus Christ by loving people as we share the gospel and by helping the needy among us, in our community and beyond while holding fast to the fundamentals of faith and salvation as we await Christ second coming (John 14:1-3; Revelation 22: 6-7, 20).